- At Your Service
- Resource Directory
- COVID-19 Business Grant
COVID-19 Business Grant
The federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act established a $150 billion Coronavirus Relief Fund for distribution to state and local government.
Minnesota was allocated $853 million, from which White Bear Township will receive approximately $835,000.00. This funding must be used to support services and grants to businesses, hospitals and individuals impacted by the pandemic. Of the White Bear Township allocation, $750,000.00 will be used for grants to White Bear Township businesses to reimburse expenditures in response to COVID–19.
The White Bear Township EDAB (Economic Development Advisory Board) will provide recommendations to the Township EDA (Economic Development Authority) to administer the grant program.
For-and-Non-Profit businesses that employ fewer than 10 Full Time Equivalents (FTEs) are eligible to apply. To determine the number of FTEs add total hours worked by all employees in 2019 (full and part time) and divide by 2080.
- Preference will be given to those businesses that have applied for and not received COVID-19 grants or loans from federal and state governments.
- Grant requests must be between $500.00 and $2500.00. (Additional consideration will be evaluated)
- Expenses must be in response to COVID-19. Business expenses including, but not limited to, such items as computers, software and other hi-tech goods, linens, protective gear, cleaning equipment, alterations to building structure and grounds, Plexiglass barriers, and new outdoor seating, as examples.
- Applications must include copies of invoices or receipts for expenditures that have already been incurred. If these expenditures are planned for future purchase, include cost estimates or quotes and timeline for purchase. If applications are approved for planned purchases, funds will be released when invoices and receipts are submitted.
- Lost Revenue
- Expenses for which you have received other reimbursement (“Double-Dipping” is not allowed)
- Property taxes
- Payroll Expense
Grant Program Timeline
- Grant program announced and open for applications on September 9, 2020
- Applications must be received by the EDA by 5:00 pm on October 12, 2020
- Grant awards announced on October 21, 2020
- All funds must be spent by November 15, 2020
If there are available, funds remaining after October 31, 2020 the Township EDA may announce a second round. All expenses must have occurred between March 1, 2020 and November 15, 2020.